Wednesday 7 May 2008

Last Time on the Reichenbacher-Wave (Munich) as it used to be

Two weeks ago we had a nice level on the Isar in Munich and the Reichnbacher-Wave was in. Below you see some pics of the sunny session. Just a few days after the session I crossed the bridge and what did I see, the "city-workers" had thrown in the river some tons of rocks in the process of their renaturation of the Isar and thereby created a huge additional eddy which nearly flooded the wave, made it rather small/flatt and there was no way in catching it on the fly anymore as it had shifted to the middle of the river. We´ll have to see how the wave is when there is less or more water and maybe they are still in the constructing process of the new river banks so further things might change... I´ll post pics of the "new" wave, when I get there the next time.
Besides I paddled that day my new Nookie gear for the first time. Awesome snug fit of the 3/4 neo pants and really super comfortable neck and wrist seals on the Airhead Dry Shell Jacket. Last but not least I honestly have to say that the Rivermonster Buoyancy Aid of Nookie has the best fit of a life vest I have ever tried.

Going for the Pistol-Flip

Flipturn
All pictures by Maria Stelzig

No comments: