Saturday, 22 September 2007

Save the wave - sign up now!

Two Munich Newspapers announced on the 15.09.07 that the city is planning to shut down the Munich Eisbach Wave. This wave is an artificial wave in downtown Munich, which has been there since the seventies. And has brought much delight to surfers and kayakers for decades. As well as to Tourists who stop by in huge numbers.

Although I got issues with around 30% of the board surfers at the Eisbach it is worth supporting the rest 70% of them who are cool and easy going guys and girls. Besides it would be a pity to loose that splendid small wave. As it is always good for a late night surf, when the 30% mentioned above are not around.

Therefore I appeal to all of you to go to that website below and put down your names in that online collection of signatures in order to try to prevent that disaster:

Signature collection:

PS: maybe good to include something about kayaking in the "Profession" field [e.g. Manager (passionate kayaker)]. Just to make a statement: Surfers and Kayakers can/should work and have fun together!

Thanks a lot!


Monday, 17 September 2007

Help to improve the protection of eyesight on the water!

The girlfriend of a good friend of mine is doing her masterthesis about the visual situation/correction amongst kayakers/canoeists/rafters in view of specific conditions for water sports.

If you got time please fill out the online-survey. It just takes 3 Minutes and might help to improve products for our vision on the water.


Feel free to forward these links to your friends! ;-)