Tuesday 10 April 2007

Rock´n Roll on the Doubs or getting ready for the worlds

This year it was Simons turn to call me on the second of March with the amazing news that the Doubs river in France near Besançon is flooded and the La Scie Wave is in or even La Malat which would even be greater. So we made the fast decision and met that evening at Simons place with his brother Seppi and Ingrid Schlott to drive to France for a weekend of big wave surfing. Slept somewhere on the way and got there right the next moring when the sun was heating up the chilli night air. First we checked out La Malate but it was even too high for the wave, i.e. the wave has flattened out. Which ment we head to La Scie which should be just perfect at that level. And I don´t have to say much more about the wave there, rather I let the pictures speak themselves for the awesome spot!

The wave is already so famous there was half of the Dutch and French National Team there as well as half of the German, so the eddy was packed ;-)

pictures by Simon Strohmeier



After the session I was so stoked I was even flying when of the water ;-)

pictures by Fabian Krummreich

Well, unfortunately even the best weekend comes to an end and most times it comes to fast. Therefore Ingrid, Fabian Krummreich and myself had to get on the way back on Sunday night in order to work dutyfully on Monday morning. And I really hate those suckers, students and stuff like that, who could stay on and enjoy one of the best waves in Europe a few days longer. And for sure the water droped during the next days and therefore they also got the perect level for La Malate, my all time favorite! The wave with the nice hole next to it which gives you a good beating if you screw up ;-)
Did I already mention that I really despise all those folks who could stay on longer? Well anyways, here is one picture of me from last year when I had the honour to surf La Malate. Sorry but I can´t publish any fotos from it here from this year, because just by the sight the envy would get too big and I would end up in an awfull rage ending in a fit, hitting my head against the wall...
No seriously, isn´t she beautiful!?

picture by Simon Strohmeier

No comments: